Announcing the birth of your baby is one of the biggest announcements you will ever make. For some, it is an announcement they will make multiple times – each new time just as enthusiastic as the last. Because this is such an important declaration, you may struggle with how to word your announcement. We have rounded up all the dos and don’ts for Birth Announcement Text Messages.
After all, this is how you are introducing your baby to the entire world!
Baby birth announcements have evolved over the years as ways of communication have gotten faster and more immediate. You no longer need to snail mail your invitations after the baby’s birth or gather up all of your family and friends’ email addresses for a mass email announcement after birth. Now, you can design your announcement and have it ready to text to all of your family and friends as soon as possible.
The best part of being able to text message your birth announcements is that it’s incredibly easy for anyone to do for you while you recover from birth. Another great part of being able to message the announcements is that you can deliver to news to everyone quickly and accurately, and then you can get right to enjoying your new baby!
Wording Ideas for Baby Birth Announcement Text Messages
Possibly the most difficult part of your birth announcement is coming up with the perfect words to introduce your new bundle (or bundles) of joy! Typically, birth announcements include the same informational details about the birth plus a customized remark or favorite quote.
Usually, all birth announcements will include a picture of the newborn baby or babies with the following information:
- Baby’s full name
- Birth Date
- Birth Weight
- Birth Length (in inches)
- Parent or Parents’ names
- (optional) Time and place baby was born
There are a variety of ways you can welcome your new baby with words. Baby announcement wording can meet any preference. Some parents choose a theme like sports or princesses and focus on the gender of their baby. Other parents enjoy announcing their newborns biblically. Some parents are welcoming multiple newborn babies and want to make sure to show their love and appreciation for every single one of their new babies.
Additional information that can be included on baby birth announcements is:
- Names of siblings
- Time of birth
- Names of pets
The most important part of planning your baby’s birth announcement is to make sure to reflect your family’s personality. If you are a family of artists and performers, you can introduce your newborn as a star. Maybe you’re a family of athletes, you may want to feature sports in your announcement. If you are a family of educators or readers, you can feature books or quotes from your favorite authors – or even the traditional teacher’s apple or letter blocks!
Baby Birth Announcement Text Messages: Ideas to Share the News!
For a Baby Boy
Some ways you can introduce your baby boy include:
- “Meet our little SONshine.”
- “Our hearts are filled with happiness, and our lives are filled with love because we now have the baby boy that we’ve been dreaming of.”
- “Believe in dreams; they do come true. Ours came dressed in blue!”
If your newborn son is a brother, you can use announcements like:
- “Oh, Brother! There’s another!”
- “Our Superhero needed a Sidekick!”
If you’d like a more biblical announcement for your baby boy, include a verse:
“I prayed for this child, and Yahweh has given me my petition which I asked of him.” 1 Samuel 1:27.
Bible Verses for Little Boys >> Click Here
For a Baby Girl
If you are introducing a baby girl to the world, you can say:
- “Thank heaven for little girls. Introducing our daughter…”
- “She’s sugar. She’s spice. She’s everything nice.”
- “Our new baby girl is a gift beyond measure, a wonder to hold, and a lifetime to treasure.”
To announce your newborn as a baby sister, you can use:
- “Once upon a time, a baby sister arrived.”
- “Here we grow again!”
If you’d like to introduce your baby girl biblically, include a Bible Verse:
“Before I formed you in the belly I knew you, and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you; I have appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:5.
Bible Verses for Little Girls >> Click Here
For announcing the birth of twins, you can say:
- “Twice the love and twice the joy.”
- “We are ‘two’ happy to announce the birth of our twins.”
- “Two times the love – and the dirty diapers!”
A beautiful biblical announcement for twins is:
“But Jesus said, “Allow the little children, and don’t forbid them to come to me; for to such belongs the Kingdom of Heaven.” Matthew 19:14.
Some ways that you can announce the birth of your multiples include:
- “Our home has expanded by six feet!” (triplets)
- “We could not ask for more than these four!” (quadruplets)
- “We asked for one miracle, and we got five!” (quintuplets)
If you’d like to announce your bundle of newborns more biblically, use a Bible Verse:
“Behold, children are a heritage of Yahweh. The fruit of the womb is his reward.” Psalms 127:3.
Generic Baby Announcement Wording
Not all baby birth announcements are specific. Some baby announcement wording is simple and straight to the point. Some ideas for introducing your baby or babies straightforwardly are:
- “[Mom] and [Dad] are happy to announce the arrival of Lily Marie Smith.”
- “Our little bundle of joy has arrived! Meet Joseph Andrew Smith.”
- “By the Grace of God, we introduce Lily Marie and Joseph Andrew to our blessed home.”
- “Please join us in welcoming Lily Marie Smith to our family.”
- “The Smith family is honored to introduce its newest member – Joseph Andrew Smith.”
Pictures for Baby Birth Announcements
Deciding on a picture for your baby birth announcement text message can be difficult. Every single picture of your newborn will be gorgeous to you! Some people choose to get professional newborn pictures done at home, but you can actually take beautiful newborn pictures of your baby yourself.
Some adorable photo ideas for your newborn baby or babies are:
- Place your baby next to you or your partner’s favorite childhood stuffed animal.
- Gather your favorite flowers and arrange them around your swaddled newborn.
- Capture pictures of little hands and feet.
- Photograph the entire family together or take a picture of your newborn with his or her siblings.
- Wrap your multiple newborns together in soft cloth for a beautiful picture of sibling love.
- Dress your newborn in themed clothing and pose them next to items like books or baseball gloves.
It is incredibly easy to take high-quality pictures with your smartphone, so getting the perfect shot of your newborn or newborns is a guarantee.
How to Design Your Baby Birth Announcement Text Message
You can take two routes when designing your baby birth announcement text messages. For one, you can use your computer to design your announcement on your computer with an online program like Shutterfly or Vistaprint. You can save an electronic version of these designed announcements and attach them to your text message announcement.
The other way to design your baby birth announcement text message is by using your phone. Smartphones are equipped with many ways to design your own announcements. You can place words directly onto your picture with the photo editor on your phone, or you can download an app to give you more design options for your announcement.
Getting Your Announcement Together Ahead of Time
Since having a new baby is a huge adjustment (and having multiple new babies is an even bigger adjustment), getting your announcement together before birth is highly recommended. You can decide on what you will say on your announcement and get the entire design layout ready to add in any specifics and the newborn photo after the birth.
The Added Convenience of Birth Announcement Text Messages
Having your baby birth announcement designed for text messaging allows for easy posting of the announcement on social media and gives the option for emailing the announcement as well. Once you’ve sent all of your personal announcements out, you can easily post on social media to inform the world of your new bundle or bundles of joy! You can also conveniently email your announcement to anyone whose number you may not have – like coworkers and more distant family members.
Are Baby Birth Announcement Text Messages Appropriate?
Absolutely! Today’s parenthood is much different than parenthood of the past. Often, both parents work in the household and paid maternity leave is not often provided in the United States. Therefore, mom is usually taking care of the new baby or babies and any siblings at home alone while her partner continues to work in order to provide for the growing family financially.
With the rise of social media and the ease of text messaging, electronic baby birth announcements are more than appropriate. In fact, people check their phones much more often than their mailbox, so many will appreciate a text message sent directly to their phones.
Announcing the birth of your baby or babies doesn’t have to be hard anymore. With baby birth announcement text messages, you can quickly and easily introduce your beautiful newborn or newborns to the world with the single press of a button. Make sure to find the perfect wording for your new arrival(s) and match them with the most adorable picture for a beautiful and sentimental birth announcement that you can be proud of!
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so you don’t lose this post!!
Other Posts you might enjoy……
- When do Babies Make Eye Contact? >> Click Here
- Meaning of Baby Crying Sounds >> Click Here
- Scripture For New Baby >> Click Here
- Bible Verses for New Moms >> Click Here